MSA Galvanizing Snout "Push-Pull" Pump System
D-13 snout pumps are all-metal centrifugal pumps designed to maintain a "clean" galvanizing bath surface within the snout region to maximize sheet coating quality. Removing the top dross deposits out of the snout and away from the strip will increase your strip quality and lower maintenance costs on the line.
Pyrotek offers a variety of systems engineered to effectively remove unwanted dross and debris from the snout. Depending on the contaminant you wish to remove, the engineered system will include various combinations of the following pumps:
• D-13SD-MSA “Push” Pump
• D-13SD-MSA ”Pull” Pump
• D-13XD HF-MSA High Flow “Pull” Pump
- Enhances sheet coating finish for higher overall coil quality.
- Avoids top dross accumulation in the snout, preventing large masses from sticking to the sheet surface.
- Reduces the concentration of dross particles in the region of the submerged roll, minimizing dross pick-up and resultant sheet surface blemishes and defects.
- Removes “zinc dust” and other fine contaminants that develop during highspeed sheet coating processes.
- Removes oxide flakes, refractory and debris that typically fall into the snout following line stoppage, minimizing the number of scrap “clean out” coils.
- Removes debris from under the snout prior to line start up.