Vacuum Formed Launders
Vacuum formed shapes are manufactured from high purity alumina silica fibers in a onepiece design that eliminates metal leakage. These ceramic fibers are formed together with a special bonding process to create a smooth, homogeneous, finished surface that is resistant to thermal shock. They also have a low thermal conductivity that requires no pre-heating and they are reusable, with proper treatment, for multiple casting campaigns. These insulating, lightweight shapes are custom formed to customer specifications for ease of installation and maximum performance at the lowest total cost. Good casting practices dictate keeping these products in a dry environment prior to use to minimize moisture acquisition.
One piece, lightweight launders are vacuum formed to the customer’s specifications. Feedholes can be pre-drilled and the surface hardened and heat treated. This extends the life of the shapes. A surface coating is applied prior to shipment. These vacuum formed launders can be used for multiple casting campaigns and should be cleaned and the surface recoated with either bone ash or boron nitride after each use.
- Formed to customer specifications for ease of installation
- Maximum performance at the lowest total cost
- One-piece design eliminates leaks
- Insulating properties help maintain metal temperature
- Resistant to thermal shock
- Surface coating is applied prior to shipment
- Factory pre-drilled holes extend life and ensure hole alignment