The PyroGun refractory system is designed around a two component technology incorporating a dry refractory aggregate mixed with a liquid binder.
This material can be effectively gunned on-site, working well for patching. Gunning incorporates the dry refractory aggregate using PyroPhos liquid binder as the nozzle accelerant, and as a pre-dampening liquid if desired. After PyroGun 245 has fully cured, it has a maximum use temperature of 1650°C (3000°F).
- Fast mixing and setting
- Quick turnaround
- Inherently resistant to corrosion by molten aluminium alloys, without the use of non-wetting additives
- Thermal shock resistant
- Alkali resistant
- High temperature tolerance
- Bonds to most refractories, except unfired refractories, zirconia or nitride bonded SiC brick
- Melting and holding furnace “belly band,” lower sidewalls and hearths
- Furnace doors, lintels, sills and jambs
- Furnace charge / pump wells