Pyroflux MZR 280
Flux Blended Specifically For Use in the Metaullics Zinkoff Recovery (MZR) system
Pyroflux MZR 280 is a stable blend of ammonium chloride powder and graphite. When used in the Metaullics MZR 750 or MZR 1500 recovery systems, it's use improves zinc recovery from zinc dross and skimmings.
The use of Pyroflux MZR 280 is particularly required when processing drosses that are produced from sources other than hot-dip galvanizing, where no residual flux is present.
An addition rate of 0.05% (1/2 lb, 227 g, per thousand) is normally required to successfully de-wet most drosses. When used in the correct proportions, it completely reacts with the drosses in the MZR drum to produce no appreciable smoke or fume.
Green Technology Through Recycling
- The resulting ash is a dry zinc oxide powder that is re-sellable to zinc oxide consumers, making processing of drosses a 100% value-added recycling operation.
- Returning zinc collected from use of the MZR zinc recovery system to a manufacturing process supports "green technology" through the use of recycled materials, also saving money by reducing the amount of "new" zinc purchased.
- Leaves residual dross dry and easy to handle
- 400 lb (180 kg) bulk drums
- 50 lb (23 kg) poly-lined bag on ~2000 lb (~900 kg) pallet