The CALGAS 2000A is a spinning rotor degassing system with the mobility of a forklift. This compact unit can be easily located anywhere in a plant to provide efficient rotary degassing. Inert gas can be supplied from a central source, or it can be supplied from cylinders mounted on the cart.
Spinning rotor degassing uses a metered amount of inert gas to inject into the molten aluminum through a rotating graphite shaft and rotor. The rotor shears the inert gas into tiny bubbles and disperses them evenly throughout the melt. Unwanted hydrogen gas and non-metallic inclusions are attracted to the inert gas bubbles and rise to the surface.
- Crucible furnaces
- Dip-out wells
- Bull ladles
- Mobile unit is easy to position
- Hydraulic lift eases rotor replacement
- Auto-timer and flashing light notify operator when cycle is complete
- Efficiently uses nitrogen or argon
- Variable speed drive 0~600 rpm, with digital rpm indicator
- Incoming gas pressure detecting, protection function for process gas flow
- Improves casting quality by removing hydrogen gas and non-metallic inclusions
- Requires minimal maintenance