Smoke Free, Fluoride and Chloride free Cover, Dross and Wall Cleaning Flux for Aluminium Alloys
This flux was created specifically to address stringent environmental issues, formulated with no fluorides or chlorides. This product provides a smoke-free environment when properly used in reverberatory type furnaces.
It is suitable for all aluminium alloys as a cover flux, a cleaning flux and in flux injection systems.
- This flux has a wide temperature range from 1200–1400°F (649–760°C). At lower temperatures more flux is required, along with the need to work it for a longer period.
- As a starting point apply 1 pound (454 g) flux per 1000 pounds (454 kg) of metal. (Lower temperatures require additional flux.)
- Can be applied to the charge well, as well as inside a reverberatory furnace or injected.
Once in the furnace, rabble flux to ensure complete contact with dross.
- Additional flux may provide better yields.
- To minimize metal loss in the dross, allow the flux / dross mass to rest on the sill of the furnace for metallics caught in the skimmer / dross to drain back in to the furnace.
Physical Properties and Product Blend
- Pyroflux 356 is a greyish-white powder flux containing sodium borate, amorphous silica, amorphous quartz, potassium sulfate and sodium carbonate.
- It has the addition of potassium sulfate to support higher temperature applications. It allows the flux to fire in alloys pouring at higher temperatures
Quality castings begin with proper fluxing practices. Contact your Pyrotek Sales Engineer to determine the appropriate flux for your operation. 866-Pyrotek (866-797-6835)