Low Smoke, Sodium Free Drossing Flux for Magnesium and All Other Aluminium Alloys
This is an injectable, sodium-free aluminum flux that provides an almost smoke-free environment when properly used in a reverberatory furnace. Low in smoke-causing fluorides when compared to other commercially available fluxes. A superior formulation that provides excellent metallic separation in the dross.
- The recommended temperature range is 1325–1375ºF (718–746ºC).
- To obtain optimum low smoke levels, flux should be “laid” inside the furnace door rather than broadcast with a shovel or blown in with a flux gun.
- Available in 25 pound (11.3 kg) bags, flux may be applied by stacking the bags on the forklift skimming tools used in larger furnaces.
- Once in the furnace, rabble the flux to ensure complete contact with the dross. Additional flux may provide better yields.
- To minimize metal loss in the dross, allow the flux / dross mass to rest on the sill of the furnace to allow metallics caught in the skimmer to drain back in to the furnace.
Physical Properties and Product Blend
- Pyroflux 355 is a cream-white flux containing potassium sulfate, potassium chloride and potassium silicofluoride.
- It has the addition of potassium sulfate to support higher temperature applications. It allows the flux to fire in alloys pouring at higher temperatures
Quality castings begin with proper fluxing practices. Contact your Pyrotek Sales Engineer to determine the appropriate flux for your operation. 866-Pyrotek (866-797-6835)