Pyroflux 110, 390
Quick Reacting Drossing Flux for Aluminium Alloys
This is an aluminum flux specifically designed for use with any alloy, except where sodium may present a problem. It is unique in that this flux will provide a quick reaction and produce a fine, powdery dross when worked properly into the dross.
- The recommended temperature range is 1325–1360ºF (718–738ºC) for fast reactions.
- Primarily designed for use in crucible-type furnaces as well as reverberatory furnaces. It will produce a fine, gray, metal-free dross.
- Add to the crucible as the first charge of ingot is introduced. Allow the flux to cover the surface during the melting cycle. When charge is complete, add additional amount of product and work normally.
- When using with reverberatory-type furnace, broadcast manually rather than blowing it into the furnace to diminish the amount of smoke generated by separation of the flux components, which may attach to the high walls and roof of the furnace.
Physical Properties and Blend Variations
- Pyroflux 110 is a white powder flux containing sodium chloride, potassium chloride, sodium silicofluoride, sodium carbonate and potassium nitrate.
- Pyroflux 390 is a white powder flux containing potassium chloride, potassium nitrate, potassium sulfate, sodium chloride, sodium carbonate and sodium silicofluoride.
- Pyroflux 110 is blended for low temperature applications.
- Pyroflux 390 has the addition of potassium sulfate to support higher temperature applications. It allows the flux to fire in alloys pouring at higher temperatures.
Quality castings begin with proper fluxing practices. Contact your Pyrotek Sales Engineer to determine the appropriate flux for your operation. 866-Pyrotek (866-797-6835)