The SNIF® PHD-50 is a portable, rotary injector system designed to treat molten aluminium in-process furnaces. The PHD-50 with tilting head can be equipped to perform bi-gas metal treatment or solid refining agent injection. The spinning rotor head can be moved or tilted from vertical to horizontal positions allowing for angled operation in tight spaces. This mobile system can be easily relocated from station to station. The submerged propeller design promotes uniform mixing and circulation of the melt.
The PHD-50 with solid refining agent injection allows a steady flow of refining agent below the metal line which enhances alkali metal and inclusion removal. The combined effect helps improve the quality of aluminium alloys and reduces operating costs.
- Efficient alternative to manual wand fluxing and porous plugs
- Submerged propeller maximizes mixing of molten metal
- Uniform temperature throughout bath
- Efficient gas or solid agent injection improves alkali metal and inclusion removal
- Reduced particulate and hydrogen chloride emissions
- Less dross formation
- Reduced annual operating costs
- Holding furnaces to 100,000 lb (45,360 kg) capacity
- Furnace wells
- Crucible furnaces
- Metal treatment with gas or solid refining agent injection