FIM5 Flux and Refining Agent Injection System
The FIM5 enhances flux injection while delivering a steady flow of flux below the molten metal line. Fluxing helps improve the quality of aluminium alloys while reducing operating costs.
Flux injectors can be used in either a large aluminium holding furnace connected to a long flux wand, or a smaller batch crucible furnace connected to a graphite lance. The FIM5 unit can also be joined with one of Pyrotek's popular STAR™ or HD2000 spinning-rotor degassing machines for improved performance.
- Improves molten metal quality by reducing inclusions and hydrogen
- Reduces the amount of dross generated
- Reduces oxide buildup on furnace walls
- Submerged flux injection can reduce overall flux consumption
- Reduces operating costs, energy consumption and saves time
- Produce a cleaner furnace and work environment