Dual Vertical Gate Filter Systems
This filter system features the exclusive Metaullics Bonded Particle Filter (BPF®) media in a configuration ideally suited for continuous casting. The system offers a small footprint, continuity of filtration during long casting campaigns through the use of a single, or two interchangeable (shuttled) filters. Dual-stage filtration may be employed utilizing a coarser filter followed by a fine filter, if desired. In conjunction with an efficiently performing degassing system upstream, approximately 200-300 tons filter life is possible with a 6 grit filter element.
The system consists of a refractory lined base and a heated cover. The heating system provides preheat as well as holding and/or increasing temperature as required.
- Easier and faster filter changeout for quicker turn-a-round and improved productivity
- Enhanced product quality with Bonded Particle Filter (BPF®)
- Extended filter life capability
- Improved thermal stability; minimal temperature fluctuation
- Continuous running capability
- Small footprint