MSA Self-Aligning Bearings
Metaullics Superalloy (MSA) self-aligning bearings are designed to be the ideal bearing, replacing current bearing materials, such as cobalt-based alloys, ceramic and stainless steel sleeve bearings, with improved technology, materials and performance.
- Lowers operational cost of CGL with increased submerged roll bearing life.
- Enhances sheet finish quality by eliminating “skidding” caused by roll lock-up.
- Excellent for high speed, low sheet-gauge lines.
- Can help eliminate sheet fluttering, reducing costly zinc overrun on sheet surface.
- Will eliminate start-up vibration during new bearing "wear-in" period.
- Very low design clearance between sleeve and bearing.
- Excellent hardness at operating temperature.
- MSA Superalloy provides relatively smooth wear, compared to cobalt based alloys.
MSA Bearing Design
Typical Bearing Design