ZYP Maxium SMC-L and BMC-L
Maxium is a water-soluble, oil-based ladle coating, containing ceramic additives and boron nitride. It has been specially formulated to allow painting onto ladles of all types to provide a protective coating for use with molten hypereutectic silicon aluminium alloys, slags, drosses, etc. Use with metals and alloys other than aluminium is also possible, but requires testing before production use.
When applied to a substrate, Maxium produces a porous, dry, insulating coating that is inert and non-wetting to the molten metal. This coating has been formulated to provide the best quality and utility as a ladle coating for all types of ladles, including Pyrocast AR (fused silica), RFM® (calcium silicate based), cast iron and others.
The non-wetting properties of Maxium SMC-L and BMC-L have been enhanced with ZYP's high performance boron nitride. These Maxiums extend the ladle’s life while being easy to apply by brush or air-spray techniques. The water-soluble oil base makes removal and cleanup easier than standard oil-based coatings.
LADLES—Maxium SMC-L and BMC-L coatings are formulated for ladle protection from oxide and dross adhesion in difficult piston and silicon aluminium alloys.
- Designed for top non-wetting performance with difficult piston and cylinder head alloys
- Minimal smoking and no flames, distinguishing Maxium from other coatings
- Water solubility of the oil base allows for easy removal and cleanup of coating spills and oversprays with water
- Relatively non-sticking with liquid metal
- Extends ladle life and reduces downtime
- Easy to apply and recoat / repair by brush or air-spray on hot ladles
- Thermal insulating, ceramic coating
- Thermal shock resistant; withstands cyclic use
- Cost-effective, reduces maintenance costs