Shur-Lok Coupling and Shaft
Rotor degassing is the technology process of choice for many aluminium sand and permanent mold foundries, diecasters and casthouses to remove hydrogen and other impurities from molten aluminium. Graphite shafts and rotors of various designs are used with different mechanical drive systems to mix process gas with the metal. The connection between shaft and drive system, and the stresses and environment which the shaft is subjected to, often lead to misaligned installation, broken threads, poor gas sealing capability, premature shaft failure, loss of productivity, and excessive downtime for shaft change-out.
- Threadless design eliminates stress points created by graphite threads
- High strength—better cantilever loading capacity
- Better gas sealing—less leakage and safer if chlorine is used
- Improved alignment, less shaft run-out
- Easy and fast shaft change-out
- Extended shaft life