MAC Thermocouple Protection Tubes
Pyrotek offers a new, high-performance, advanced ceramic product especially for use in molten aluminium and zinc applications. MAC (Metaullics Advanced Ceramic) thermocouple protection tubes provide excellent durability, thermal shock resistance, temperature measurement response, and long life.
A true composite between fine-grained silicon carbide and boron nitride, these protection tubes are extremely resistant to wetting by molten aluminium and aluminium oxide. Life of three to six months can be achieved.
Superior performance at a reasonable price provides significant value in comparison with other high performance ceramic systems such as nitride-bonded silicon carbide, sialon, silicon nitride, and aluminium titanate.
- Fine-grained true SiC/BN composite
- Fully nonwetted by molten aluminium and dross
- Thermally conductive, provides truer and faster response
- Long life capability - months, not weeks
- An advanced ceramic that is cost effective