Ceramic Degassing Tubes
Pyrotek's degassing tubes, with diffuser heads, promote the efficient elimination of included hydrogen in less processing time than with open-end tubes. Pyrotek’s tee and bell diffuser tube designs also reduce the amount of nitrogen or other inert fluxing gas needed. Diffused gas tends to coalesce around a plain tube when the tube is vertical. This makes our diffusers more desirable as they get the gas away from the tube.
Photographs of the bubble patterns demonstrate the effectiveness of the Pyrotek diffuser tubes. The gas is being emitted in water, but the kinematic viscosity of water approximates that of molten aluminium.
- Resistant to aluminium attack
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock
- Four to five times longer life than graphite
- Non-wetting minimizes dross build-up
- Lower flow rate than graphite diffusers for equivalent degassing