FUSAL 1956 removes non-metallic inclusions, hydrogen and calcium from liquid aluminium silicon foundry alloys.
FUSAL 1956 is the fused and granulated form of the eutectic synthetic binary compound based on MgCl2. It reacts quickly to efficiently remove calcium from molten aluminium-silicon foundry alloys, as well as non-metallic inclusions and hydrogen. It enhances degassing when injected and stirred in the furnace, transfer ladles or in the crucibles by means of a Pyrotek STAR™ degasser or Pyrotek FIM5.
- Replaces chlorine in wand fluxing and fluxes, based on hexachloroethane
- Removes hydrogen and non-metallic inclusions
- Removes calcium from aluminium silicon alloys
- Does not release any Na to the melt in any kind of Al silicon alloys
- Near zero HCl and particulate stack emissions
- Once on the surface it reduces the reintroduction of hydrogen
- Does not affect phosphorus-copper hypereutectic silicon refining
- Granular form designed for injection. Sieve grade: 0.85–3 mm
- Calcium-free and fluoride-free composition
- Low melting point for rapid dispersion < 896°F (480°C)
- Less hygroscope than magnesium chloride powders
- Low application rates, typical 1.1 lb / MT (0.5 kg / MT) aluminium
- Keeps the furnace, launders and tools free from dross buildup