Insulated Transfer Pipe
Transferring molten metal is a procedure of prime concern in melting, refining and casting shops. Lip pouring from ladles results in cascading metal and leads to dross formation. Transferring metal long distances in open troughs or launders often requires the metal to be superheated to compensate for temperature losses. Pyrotek, offers a better solution: a molten metal transfer pump with refractory lined steel pipe.
Molten metal is transferred from the pump via refractory lined steel pipe. The refractory lining is based on high temperature fiber which is processed to provide excellent strength and erosion resistance. In addition to the high insulating properties, the pipe liners are non-wetted by aluminium and zinc alloys and do not require preheating. Premium grades are available for greater wear resistance and life. Insulated transfer piping limits heat loss to less than 0.5ºF per foot (~1ºC per meter) of length without the need for external heating.
- Non-wetting to molten aluminium or zinc
- Reduced heat loss during metal transfer; limits heat loss to less than 0.5ºF per foot (~1ºC per meter)
- Avoids dross formation and energy loss inherent in other transfer mediums
- Does not require pre-heating
- Systems are designed to drain during pump inactivity
- Designed per customer specifications, with successful transfers up to 82 ft (25 m)