Shaft/Six-Barrel Impeller Assembly
Metaullics six-barrel impellers are standard on all Metaullics transfer pumps. These impellers are designed to prevent rock damage while eliminating the need for an inlet grate or baffle plate. A ceramic wear plate on the top of the impeller protects against abrasion from rocks and other solids in the metal. The openings in the top of the impeller serve as the inlet and keep large solids out of the pump. The "windows" of the impeller increase in size as the metal flows through to minimize the risk of blockage or jams. As with all Metaullics pumps the threadless design provides the strongest shaft to impeller connection in the industry.
- Impeller pinned and cemented to shaft for maximum strength
- Documented alignment and T.I.R.
- Shaft is driven by a patented* quadrilobal coupling
- Shaft constructed of 5 inch (127 mm) diameter, ZX graphite
- Shaft protected by M-85 refractory coating plus boron nitride
- Patented* six-barrel impeller with ceramic inlet wear plate virtually eliminates wear and performance degradation
- Designed to be self-clearing of any rocks small enough to enter the impeller
- Three times stronger than a threaded shaft of the same diameter
- Six times stronger than a 4 inch (102 mm) threaded shaft